Re: slashes and percent

From: Peter Berlau
Subject: Re: slashes and percent
Date: Mon, 09 Nov 2015 00:09:48 +0100

Hello Simon,
thanks for fast answer.
I use this also, but in this case I need no first note written,
I like to use the percent and slashes as we call in german 'faulenzer'.

It is for an "arrangement" for jazz ensemble.
I have to create sheets for  C-, Bb-, Eb- and Bass-Clef-C-Instruments
so I use something like

\bookpart {
        \transpose bes c'
  <<
    \changes
    \new Staff { \melody }
    \set Staff.instrumentName = #"Bb"

}

\bookpart {
        \transpose es c'
  <<
    \changes
    \new Staff \melody
    \set Staff.instrumentName = #"Eb"

}

etc., ...

I have a "dirty solution" for this percent ( slashes )

\override Stem #'length = #0.0
#'thickness = #0.0
b4 b4 b4
\override Stem #'length = #7.0
\override Stem #'thickness = #1.3

Looks good on "original sheet" but pretty ugly on the transposed ones.

In Jazz, in the improvisation chorus, if chords change from melody, it
is usual to write only the chords over the bars
and  slashes in bars instead of notes, like
D-7
The slash as notehead with stem is used if note/melody is free, but
rhythm is given, often for rhythm intro ( piano or/and bass part(s) )

Thanks or help,
all the best, Peter