Re: Invisible glissano, best fix?

From: Phil Burfitt
Subject: Re: Invisible glissano, best fix?
Date: Sat, 7 Nov 2015 14:18:00 -0000

----- Original Message ----- From: "Richard Shann" <address@hidden>
To: <address@hidden>
Sent: Saturday, November 07, 2015 10:54 AM
Subject: Invisible glissano, best fix?

In some circumstances LilyPond leaves a glissando invisible:

\version "2.19.25"

{
  d'' 4\glissando  cis'' 4  c''   b' }

I looked up the issues list and found this:

{ \override Glissando #'minimum-length = #5
  \override Glissando #'springs-and-rods = #ly:spanner::set-spacing-rods
  d'' 4\glissando  cis'' 4  c''   b' }

but before I did that I just used a command available in Denemo thus:

{ d'' 4\glissando   \once \override NoteColumn.X-offset = #2
   cis'' 4  c''   b' }

These achieve similar effects for this tiny example, I wonder if someone
could give me some insights into the merits or demerits of these
approaches?

Richard

I had a similar problem in the past with what I thought was an 'invisible' glissando. It turned out it was not invisible, but _very_ small. The fix was to modify the right and left padding in the bound-details to smaller values which then 'revealed' the glissando.

Phil.