[feature request:] fret diagrams with fingering indications and addition

From: pls
Subject: [feature request:] fret diagrams with fingering indications and additional text
Date: Sun, 01 Nov 2015 19:55:48 +0100

Hey all,

currently it's possible to add fingering indications (any character) inside of
dots or "below" the strings. (In my attachment in landscape orientation
it's rather to the right of the strings).  Now I would like to be able to not
only use characters in dots but
also add additional text (any kind of character) at least to the right of the
fret
diagram (in LilyPond-speak: "below the strings").  It would be nice to
also have the option to place the additional characters to the left of
the diagram (in LilyPond-speak: above the strings).  And here is an
example of how the result might look like:

(The fancy curved line at the right side of the diagram is not so
important.  Category: "nice to have".)

And this is an example of how the future LilyPond syntax could look like:
<c g c' e' g'>1^\markup {
           \fret-diagram-verbose #'(
             (place-fret 6 3 1 red parenthesized default-paren-color "G (5th)")
             (place-fret 5 3 "bla" inverted "C (Root)")
           )
         }

Does this request make sense?  Is anybody else interested in this
feature?

Patrick