Re: segmentation fault from 2.19.29

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: segmentation fault from 2.19.29
Date: Sun, 25 Oct 2015 20:15:49 +0100

Paul Scott <address@hidden> writes:

> I get a segmentation fault from 2.19.29 that I don't get with
> 2.19.28.  I'm running 64-bit on Debian sid.  It looks to be size
> related so a minimal example doesn't seem to be relevant.

Garbage collection while slurs are being processed during the iteration
stage.  Yes, size-related (due to garbage collection needing to be
triggered), yes, very very bad.

Phil is already preparing the release of 2.19.30 right now, one week
early, in order to fix this awful blunder of mine that unfortunately
escaped notice until after the release.

> I'd be happy to run any diagnostic that might help.

You can hopefully do so using 2.19.30 tomorrow at the latest.

--
David Kastrup