Vertical alignment - programming error

From: Andrew Bernard
Subject: Vertical alignment - programming error
Date: Sun, 25 Oct 2015 18:52:48 +1100

Using a grace note set that spans two staves, reduced from a vastly more
complex real score to a more minimal example, if I use a hairpin between the
sfz and the p indications, I get a programming error related to vertical
alignment that I am unable to understand, or eliminate. Can folks explain this?

Andrew

— compilation log

Starting lilypond 2.19.29 [exp-k-p11-simpler.ly]...
Processing `/home/andro/work/lilypond/proportion/exp-k-p11-simpler.ly'
Parsing...
Interpreting music...
Preprocessing graphical objects...
programming error: My pure_y_common is a VerticalAlignment, which might contain
several staves.
continuing, cross fingers
programming error: My pure_y_common is a VerticalAlignment, which might contain
several staves.
continuing, cross fingers
programming error: My pure_y_common is a VerticalAlignment, which might contain
several staves.
continuing, cross fingers
programming error: My pure_y_common is a VerticalAlignment, which might contain
several staves.
continuing, cross fingers
programming error: My pure_y_common is a VerticalAlignment, which might contain
several staves.
continuing, cross fingers
Finding the ideal number of pages...
Fitting music on 1 page...
Drawing systems...
programming error: bounds of this piece aren't breakable.
continuing, cross fingers
Layout output to `/tmp/lilypond-40hIxW'...
Converting to `exp-k-p11-simpler.pdf'...
Deleting `/tmp/lilypond-40hIxW'...
Success: compilation successfully completed
Completed successfully in 0.7”.

— compilation log

— snip
\version "2.19.29"