Was: "My finances for working on LilyPond" - Development / Cryptocurrenc

From: Philip Rhoades
Subject: Was: "My finances for working on LilyPond" - Development / Cryptocurrency
Date: Sat, 24 Oct 2015 13:52:22 +1100

People,

I was also a bit shocked about David's post (makes me feel a bit guilty about our previous fights . .) but it might be worth mentioning this project:

  http://maidsafe.net

  http://maidsafe.org

Although the main intention is in developing "Internet 2" - entirely based on encrypted, decentralised, distributed, secure and anonymous lower levels of the network stack, as part of the development it is incorporating into the network its own cryptocurrency as the mechanism that encourages "farmers" to supply storage space and creative people to put their stuff up on the network. My background is BioMedical Research and IT but I have been dabbling in SF short story writing and publishing for a while now (http://domain-sf.com) and I will be putting my stuff there when it gets launched (probably early next year). The point is, if the new SAFE network turns into a big deal (I think it will) then there is the potential for people to earn "SAFEcoins" just for having stuff available there and being downloaded, looked at etc. If it is successful, SAFEcoin will also be exchangeable for fiat currencies - eventually I think it will be a viable alternative to fiat currencies.

I have a few projects (mostly tech related) that I will be moving to SAFEnetwork but it is generating a lot of interest for creative types because it guarantees being paid according to popularity eg a site for Lilyponders to post their work and for downloading sheet music? Anyway, it might be worth the main developers and others taken a loot at it . . I will mention it to Tim who is working on N99 for SAFE:

https://3d8bf14b7f2bb73ad4b697e2ddfdfb783c7dcbd9-www.googledrive.com/host/0B8X-yQWyMNcIU21GYjVTYVZuTjA/n99/index.html

(and complain to him about the background colour of that page while I am it . .).

Regards,

Phil.
--
Philip Rhoades