Re: partcombine and multi-measure rests

From: Gilberto Agostinho
Subject: Re: partcombine and multi-measure rests
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2015 11:37:29 -0700 (MST)

David Wright wrote
> I think you're making the assumption that R1*4 is just a textual
> shorthand for R1 R1 R1 R1 but it isn't. R1*4 is a single "chunk".

Oh, I see. So the chunk already happened before the different \partcombine
option is selected. Well, this makes combining parts slightly more annoying
in cases like the one I posted above since one has to manually find the
point to break the chunk of R1, but I do understand it isn't a bug.

Thanks for your reply and take care,
Gilberto