Re: Emacs lilypond-mode

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Emacs lilypond-mode
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2015 08:08:39 +0200

Andrew Bernard <address@hidden> writes:

> Now that my current score has become large, Frescobaldi I am sorry to
> say the text editor it provides runs like molasses on Ubuntu
> 15.04. Hence I am abandoning it for emacs.
>
> With the emacs lilypond-mode, C-c C-l invokes lilypond on the
> buffer. But I need to specify directories to search for included
> files. How do you configure this in emacs?

I tend to just use M-x compile RET and specify my command manually.

You can also use M-x add-dir-local-variable RET
in order to customize LilyPond-lilypond-command for one
directory/subdirectory.  There are also file-local variables you can set
at the end of a file using a variable block if you need this setting
just for a single file.

Of course you can also use
M-x customize-variable RET LilyPond-lilypond-command RET
to set this globally, but it would likely be a nuisance.  Doing it
dir-locally is probably the most convenient option.

--
David Kastrup