Re: Two questions about key signatures

From: Noeck
Subject: Re: Two questions about key signatures
Date: Mon, 5 Oct 2015 18:58:46 +0200

Hi Michael,

Am 05.10.2015 um 11:33 schrieb T. Michael Sommers:
> Hmmm.  When I change from a key with sharps or flats in it to one with
> no sharps or flats, the cancelling accidentals still appear.  I can
> understand that, since otherwise there would be no indication that the
> key had changed, but for my application, it's a little annoying.  Not
> annoying enough to do anything about, though.

Well, the result is misleading in the last bar, but I guess that is what
you are looking for:

\version "2.19.21"

{
  \textLengthOn  % only for this snippet
  \set Staff.printKeyCancellation = ##f  % removes key cancellation
  a'1
  \key d \major
  a'1
  \key f \major
  a'1 ^"no naturals"
  \key c \major
  a'1 ^"natural"
  \key f \major
  a'1
  \once \omit Staff.KeyCancellation % removes it even for C major
  \key c \major
  b'1 ^"no natural"

Joram