Re: Best Practices for file structures, score and parts

From: Malte Meyn
Subject: Re: Best Practices for file structures, score and parts
Date: Fri, 2 Oct 2015 12:03:48 +0200

Am 02.10.2015 um 09:58 schrieb N. Andrew Walsh:
do I enter the transposing instruments into the score in concert pitch or
transposed? Can Frescobaldi (my editor of choice) take an entire Voice and
transpose it into concert pitch after I've edited, or should I enter the
content in concert pitch (transposing back into C on the fly as I type)?

I prefer entering everything in concert pitch (transposing back when copying music and simply writing what I want to hear when composing) and doing the transposition in the \score block. This makes correct quoting easier IMO (unisono voices, cue notes). And it allows you to have a score in concert pitch whithout transposing back.

Frescobaldi is able to transpose music (tools→pitches→transpose) but I remember an issue with note names in german (and perhaps other languages) when you have several names (asas and ases) for the same pitch (a flat). I’m not sure whether this has been fixed.