Re: Percent repeats within \parallelMusic

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Percent repeats within \parallelMusic
Date: Fri, 02 Oct 2015 10:23:07 +0200

David Sumbler <address@hidden> writes:

> The string quartet I have been working on has a few passages where one
> or more of the instruments are playing the same pattern for several bars
> in succession.
>
> In the score I want these to be written out in full, but in the parts I
> would like to use numbered "percent" repeat marks.
>
> The obvious way for me to do this was to use tags, and provide 2
> versions.
>
> Unfortunately, because I am using the \parallelMusic structure, it seems
> to me that this won't work.

Why?  Can you make a sketch of what you are having problems with?
Percent repeats usually are only for a few bars.  If they are not
staggered over instruments, you can just leave off all bar checks in the
repeated passage for all instruments: there is no requirement to do a
barcheck/voiceswitch every bar in \parallelMusic.

--
David Kastrup