Re: Text centralized above a TextSpan

From: David Nalesnik
Subject: Re: Text centralized above a TextSpan
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2015 08:06:26 -0500

Hi Simon,

On Mon, Sep 14, 2015 at 7:41 AM, Simon Albrecht <address@hidden> wrote:
David,

This is tremendous! Thank you very much.

You're very welcome!

I was inspired to fix some of the issues with this last version.

Texts are better distributed among the pieces of broken spanners.  (The algorithm in place gives an OK estimation, but it has problems.  Help welcome--don't know if my math is up to the task!)

You can specify the number of texts for each line:
\override TextSpanner.text-spanner-line-count = #'(1 0 1 1)

Overlaps will result in a warning.  Fixing them at this point means changing line distribution, making space, breaking lines--work on the user's part.  We're just replacing default stencils here, not changing spacing.

Once again, you need 2.19.27.  There''s a note in lines 351-353 (*eek*) for earlier versions, but you can't get the line styles, etc., before the most recent development release.

Anyway, hope this helps!

David