Slightly OT: git hook environment assistance needed

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Slightly OT: git hook environment assistance needed
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2015 12:22:06 +0200

Hi list,

I've struggled with that too long so I have to ask for help. And I think
some personal assistance would be much more helpful than trying to
formulate a question for stackoverflow or the like ...

I'm trying to get the Git hook to run on my Debian server that produces
http://book.openlilylib.org upon pushing. The git hook calls Gitbook, a
node.js application (basically a static site generator), which in turn
calls a custom python script for LilyPond syntax highlighting.

Everything works locally and when run through the SSH login but not when
triggered from the Git hook.
So it's clear that this is due to the non-login environment the git hook
is running in. Which is where I seem to be totally lost ...

If anybody has experience with this kind of things (mainly the
environment thing, node.js is probably less important, and gitbook
doesn't play a major role, I think) I'd be happy if you could get in
touch with me, presumably in private.

Thanks
Urs

--