Re: [OT] gmail: not able to paste code

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: [OT] gmail: not able to paste code
Date: Sat, 12 Sep 2015 12:35:54 +0200

Thomas Morley <address@hidden> writes:

>> jEdit is available for
>> Windows
>> Unix/Linux
>> Mac OS X
>> VMS
>> So, Windows is not a hindrance to use jEdit. jEdit needs Java, also
>> available for all platforms.
>>
>> Actual version is jEdit 5.2. I actually do not use jEdit, I stopped it about
>> 20 years ago as the future development was doubtful.
>>
>> I use Linux mint in the actual version on different Hardware. Sometimes I
>> have problems pasting something into my mails. Seldom - not frequently. Till
>> now I could not find any rules for copy/paste not working ...
>> If I copy to an ASCII editor first and from there to my mails it is working.
>
> Yes, this works, ofc
> But is terrible regarding the workflow

Did you press C-c for copy and C-v for paste (that's via the clip board
I think, possibly requiring some sort of clipboard manager in your
desktop environment)?  The other way is marking with mouse-drag-1 and
pasting with middle-mouse: that one goes via the X selection mechanism.

Hopefully one of those two will work.

--
David Kastrup