Re: stacking whole notes of different size

From: Marc Hohl
Subject: Re: stacking whole notes of different size
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2015 16:03:40 +0200

Hello Simon,

Am 31.08.2015 um 15:41 schrieb Simon Albrecht:
Hello Marc,

this is a known issue: see
<https://sourceforge.net/p/testlilyissues/issues/3900/>.

Ah, thanks – I wasn't aware of that being in the issues list already.
So I have to tweak the note head position manually.

Cheers,

Marc

Yours, Simon

Am 31.08.2015 um 14:15 schrieb Marc Hohl:
Hello list,

I have songs for single voice and wanted to include an optional higher
voice for those singers that are able to each the notes and are capable
of doing a second voice.

Since the doubled part is just at the end of a song, I did not want to
fiddle with a separate voice and wrote chords instead like this:

< e \tweak font-size #-3 g >

Now I have a question about the alignment of the note heads. In the
cases where a visible stem is present, the note heads are aligned to the
stem, which is ok.

When I stack whole notes, the note heads are also right aligned, which
looks kind of strange, see the attached picture.

I did not find any suitable example in Gould, so I wanted to ask here:
is the graphical output ok, or should the smaller notes be centered over
the main voice? If yes, is there a automatic way to do this, or do I
have to \tweak the note head position manually by some trial-and-error?

Thanks in advance,

Marc