hide repeat endings?

From: Ian Rashkin
Subject: hide repeat endings?
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2015 22:41:19 -0400

Maybe i'm going about this the wrong way... i'm working on a leadsheet, and it has an intro, a main body, and a coda. i had it all looking great, with codas and segnos as markups with custom placement , and line breaks where I want them, etc. But, then I wanted to hear the repeats in midi playback for proofing. So I tried a lot of things, and ran into many problems, mainly with putting chords by name into variables. Finally, I ended up using repeat volta with alternates - I'm including just the chords (annotated) below for brevity. So now, with \unfoldRepeats, it sounds great, and still looks great in the layout score - except, it has a first ending and a second ending that make sense musically, but not really. I'm attaching the rendred pdf - hopefully it comes through - and as you can probably see, the text/line endings are superfluous and unsightly. If I could find a different way to notate this to avoid the problem, that would be cool, but alternately, I'm thinking I can just hide the endings (transparent?). But, I can't find the syntax for that, assuming it's possible.

Thoughts?

Thanks much,
Ian

harmony = \chordmode {
  s1*8 \bar "||" \break % this is the intro
  \repeat volta 2 { % this is the main body of the song, minus the last bar
    f1:7
    s1*7 \bar "||" \break
    des1:7
    s1*7 \bar "||" \break
    a1:7.9-
    s1*7 \bar "||" \break
    bes1:7
    c1:7
    f1:min7
    bes1:7
    a1:min7+
    d1:7
    g1:min7
    g1:7
    c1:7
  }
  \alternative {
    {
bes1:9+.5+ \bar "|." \break %this is the last bar of the main body, after the coda marker
    }
    {
      bes1:9+.5+ % this is the code section
      c1:9+.5+