Re: a basic question

From: Marc Hohl
Subject: Re: a basic question
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2015 16:55:08 +0200

Am 27.08.2015 um 14:48 schrieb Simon Albrecht:
Hello Paul,

[...]
The solution posted by Mark will not work on anything which lives at
Score level, e.g. ledger lines and bar lines.

Since the OP example shows two different voices sharing one staff,
I assumed that the bar lines should not change color, but why on earth
live ledger lines at score level?

See attached for two different approaches on this, depending on whether
you have another voice in the same staff.
By the way, the music functions in this particular state require
v2.19.24 at least; if you’re on an earlier version, rewrite
"#(define-music-function (color) (color?)"
into:
"#(define-music-function (parser location color) (color?)"
or similarly, depending on the arguments.

Oh, thanks for spotting this! I do nearly all engravings with the
latest unstable version, so I tend to forget the restrictions in
older versions very quickly ;-)

If you have further problems or want some background reading in the
manuals, but can’t find it, don’t hesitate to come back :-)

+1

Marc