Re: vertical spacing of rests

From: Peter Selinger
Subject: Re: vertical spacing of rests
Date: Sat, 22 Aug 2015 21:57:18 -0300 (ADT)

Thanks for your replies. That's awesome. I think I will also define a
command \hideRests, so that I don't have to manually convert all the
rests to spacer rests - this might be handy if I later decide to use
one staff per voice.

centerRests = {
  \override Rest.staff-position = #0
}

hideRests = {
  \override Rest.transparent = ##t
}

\new Staff <<
  \new Voice \relative c'' {
    \voiceOne
    \centerRests
    r4 c r d
  }
  \new Voice \relative c'' {
    \voiceTwo
    \hideRests
    r4 a8 a8 r4 b8 b8
  }

By the way, properties such as staff-position are not included in the
index of the Notation Manual (though they do appear in the index of
the Learning Manual). I had to search the whole document to find these
properties in Appendix A.17. Would it make sense to include them in
the index?

-- Peter