Re: Coloring of key signature accidentals based on their pitch

From: Paul Morris
Subject: Re: Coloring of key signature accidentals based on their pitch
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2015 22:47:08 -0400

On Aug 18, 2015, at 9:31 PM, David Nalesnik <address@hidden> wrote:

(Not long ago I was looking at the C++ function that draws ledger lines (ly:ledger-line-spanner::print in ledger-line-spanner.cc), thinking about overriding it with a custom function.  Well, I didn’t get very far…  So I’ll have to look into David N.’s conversion work here.  David N. if at any point you find yourself looking for another C++ to Scheme translation challenge, let me know!)

Bring it on!  Well, hopefully it's not one that calls on other functions that need to be converted as well!  This one was nice in that there are Scheme equivalents for everything called.

I don’t know, but it’s over 150 lines of code and looks non-trivial in itself.  (Oddly enough there’s only one ledger line spanner/grob/stencil produced for each musical system on the page…)  I’d definitely appreciate any help with it if you’re up for giving it a go!

No doubt finding the bug I introduced is going to take longer than the (ample) time I've already spent on this :(

I hope not.  Anyway, the ledger line stuff can wait indefinitely so there’s no rush there.  I’ll start another thread about that with what little progress I’ve made so far.

-Paul