Guitar Chord Chart - Align Fret Diagram with Chord Names and Notes

From: tone
Subject: Guitar Chord Chart - Align Fret Diagram with Chord Names and Notes
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2015 09:06:14 -0700 (MST)

I would like to fix the spacing in my guitar chord chart.  The Chord Names
are aligned with the Notes correctly.  However, the Fret Diagram is
misaligned due to the space occupied by the fret number.

Here is a picture I edited with an external program.  A vertical
color-inverted strip is used to visualize the alignment problems.  The first
chord is correctly aligned because no fret number is printed.  The next two
chords are misaligned.  The third chord is misaligned more than the second
chord because fret number "10" occupies more space than fret number "4".  In
all three chords the Chord Names are aligned with the Notes correctly.

<http://lilypond.1069038.n5.nabble.com/file/n179772/Fret_Diagram_bad_Spacing.png>

Any help is appreciated.

Here is the segment of *LilyPond code* that I use for alignment in my chord
chart

Here is the *LilyPond Code* for the entire chord chart

*Files*
ly:   Chord_Chart_bad_Spacing.ly
<http://lilypond.1069038.n5.nabble.com/file/n179772/Chord_Chart_bad_Spacing.ly>

pdf:   Chord_Chart_bad_Spacing.pdf