Re: Can't find right hand fingering without string #'s

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Can't find right hand fingering without string #'s
Date: Sat, 15 Aug 2015 19:07:00 +0200

Sam Frybyte <address@hidden> writes:

> Hello-
> There used to be simple way to notate p,i,m,a for guitar music by adding -p
> or _p.  This no longer works in 2.18.2 and searching snippets and online
> manuals it seems this is no longer possible....

Of course it is still possible.  Put a space in there to keep LilyPond
from recognizing something like c-p as a single word.  Either c- p or
c -p will work.  Also c-"p" will work fine.

> I've tried editing the <c- 3/5- RH #1> and can only get it to work for

This sentence is utterly incomprehensible, and it is not clear what the
code fragment is supposed to be about or for or what it is supposed to
demonstrate.  It does not appear to constitute code that would have
worked in any context in any version of LilyPond.

--
David Kastrup