nested tuplet problem

From: Juan Cristóbal Cerrillo
Subject: nested tuplet problem
Date: Sat, 25 Jul 2015 01:12:04 -0500

Hello everyone,

I recently began working with Lilypond and am very excited about the
possibilities.
I have however encountered a problem I can't seem to work around and wonder if
this is a bug.

If you have a nested tuplet that begins as the first event of the enveloping
tuplet, any options of direction or placement for the larger tuplet are
transferred to the enclosed tuplet as well.

A simple example: the 5 should be up, and the 3 down, but both are down.

\version "2.18.2"
{ \tupletUp \tuplet 5/4 { \tupletDown \tuplet 3/4 {c' c' c'} c4}}

This however, works as it should:
{ \tupletUp \tuplet 5/4 { c4 \tupletDown \tuplet 3/4 {c' c' c'}}}

Am I doing something wrong or is there a workaround for this issue?

all best,

jc