Re: extra measure in verse of vocal music

From: Robert Schmaus
Subject: Re: extra measure in verse of vocal music
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2015 08:58:09 +0200

Two ideas:

(1) You could notate verse 1 followed by a repeated verse 2&3 with the extra measure and then add a D.C. for the 4th verse.

(2) you could use a \repeat volta and \alternatives structure with the ending of verses 1&4 under the first volta bracket and the ending of verses 2&3 under the second bracket. Then replace the volta bracket captions by something like "Verses 1 & 4" and "Verses 2 & 3".

Both will probably look messy if you plan to have the lyrics right underneath the music. For that case, the only non-messy option I can think of is to write out all four verses. With copy & paste that's not a problem ...

Best, Rob

______

Truth does not change according to our ability to stomach it.
-- Flannery O'Connor