Re: Block comment syntax for LilyPond API documentation

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: Block comment syntax for LilyPond API documentation
Date: Tue, 07 Jul 2015 19:22:37 +0200

Am 07.07.2015 um 19:02 schrieb David Kastrup:
> Urs Liska <address@hidden> writes:

>>> Well, the general convention of entering documentation is along the
>>> lines of
>>>
>>> \header {
>>>   texidoc = "... in Texinfo syntax ..."
>>> }
>>
>> If I'm not mistaken these fields are then unique (or will probably
>> redefine the variable when used multiply).
>
> Yes, true.  It's probably a mechanism more useful for documenting scores
> rather than functions.

Or modules/units/whatever-you-call-it on per-file level. We did this
quite successfully in openLilyLib, where the headers can equally be used
by LilyPond to produce some consistent output in the documentation
scores, and parsed from Python to generate HTML documentation (or
whatever else one would want to have).

--
Urs Liska
www.openlilylib.org