Re: using python snippets in Lilypond

From: Avner Dorman
Subject: Re: using python snippets in Lilypond
Date: Sun, 21 Jun 2015 16:47:44 -0400

I think this is a very interesting idea (would be useful for me).

On Sun, Jun 21, 2015 at 2:51 PM, Urs Liska <address@hidden> wrote:

Am 21.06.2015 um 18:25 schrieb Peter Bjuhr:

> On 2015-06-21 16:47, Urs Liska wrote:
>> Just a question: would it be possible to call a Python script from
>> Scheme (this should be possible) and use its output in LilyPond?
>
> Maybe you'll find some answers here: http://www.zak.co.il/a/itches/pyguile

I think I'm thinking of something more simple: Invoke a Python script
(or actually any other shell-like script) and use its output (i.e. what
the Python script "prints") as a string evaluation of the call.

I think this should be feasible, but I'm not so sure if it is really
interesting.

Urs