Re: Control which voice if shifted left

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: Control which voice if shifted left
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2015 01:15:12 +0200

Am 16.06.2015 um 01:05 schrieb Simon Albrecht:
> I see. Nice score, and it’s definitely an element of style that it’s
> done this way. On p.5, 2nd system, it might also improve legibility, I
> think – but then the following staff is deliberately difficult to read
> again, as Satie sometimes made it.
> So it’s unfortunate that Lily doesn’t provide an elegant :-) solution.

I agree that this is a very special case, and you could consider the
typesetting as part of Satie's style.
But in general I'd say the standard engraving is "better".

Maybe there *is* an elegant, although not automatic, solution for this
case. I would apply the override through the edition-engraver. With this
you can apply one override to a whole list of moments.

This approach would have the additional benefit that you don't have to
mix the overrides with the content, and you can simply use them or not,
thus switching between "correct" and "idiomatic" engraving style.

HTH
Urs