Re: Problem with shaping chord ties held over several measures

From: David Nalesnik
Subject: Re: Problem with shaping chord ties held over several measures
Date: Sat, 6 Jun 2015 21:39:42 -0500

Hi Knute,

On Sat, Jun 6, 2015 at 7:38 PM, Colin Campbell <address@hidden> wrote:
On 2015-06-06 06:21 PM, Knute Snortum wrote:
Hello LilyPonders,

I'm having a problem shaping ties of chords after more than one measure.  I have an internal voice that comes in on the third measure and the ties go right through it.  \shape doesn't seem powerful enough to handle this (at least I don't know the syntax).  Here's what the measures should look like:

Modifying control-points of individual ties in a tie column isn't possible without extraordinary means.   This is the reason for \shapeTieColumn which you'll find in the archives and on openlilylib.

Best,
David