Re: dynamic outside staff

From: Gianmaria Lari
Subject: Re: dynamic outside staff
Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2015 02:23:08 -0700 (MST)

Sorry for my not clear english terminology! Yes, Federico, I want to span the
hairpin over the bar line. I had a look to the documentation you mentioned
and made some test and I have some issues.

If I do:

\version "2.18.2"
\time 4/4
\relative {a\< b c d
e*\!* f g a
}

I expect that the hairpin is positioned above "a" note and end after the
first bar line above the "e" note. But instead it ends above the "d" note
(before the first bar line).

But if I put the "\!" after the "f" note like in the following example, then
hairpin correctly end above the "f" note. What am I missing?

\version "2.18.2"
\time 4/4
\relative {a\< b c d
e f*\!* g a