Re: Dynamic mark at the end of a bar

From: David Nalesnik
Subject: Re: Dynamic mark at the end of a bar
Date: Tue, 26 May 2015 12:47:44 -0500

Hi David,

On Tue, May 26, 2015 at 10:32 AM, David Sumbler <address@hidden> wrote:
I often use 's1*0\!' to end a hairpin just before a barline.

But how can a get a dynamic mark (e.g. 'ff') to appear at the end of a
bar?  In the following example, the first hairpin behaves as I want.
The second one ends with a dynamic, but the new dynamic appears at the
start of the following bar, even though it is attached to an item which
occurs on the barline.

It occurs at the first moment of the new measure, not *on* the barline.

Somehow you need to get the dynamic within the measure you want it.  You could do this by scaling durations:

 \version "2.18.0"

{
  c''4\< c''2. s1*0\! |
  R1 |
  c''4\< c''2.*2/3 s2.*1/3\ff |
  R1 |
}

or (cleaner, I think) by attaching the dynamics to a separate voice:

{
  c''4\< c''2. s1*0\! |
  R1 |
  <<