Re: Bar Fermata at end of system?

From: Wols Lists
Subject: Re: Bar Fermata at end of system?
Date: Sun, 17 May 2015 12:59:17 +0100

On 17/05/15 12:51, Thomas Morley wrote:
>> > That fixed it, thanks so much! Is this the sort of stuff covered in the
>> > advanced/tweaks sections of the reference, or are they tricks one learns
>> > through practice?
> NR 5.4.7 Visibility of objects
>
> Using break-visibility
>
> http://www.lilypond.org/doc/v2.19/Documentation/notation/visibility-of-objects#using-break_002dvisibility
>
> Cheers,
>   Harm

Yup. Unfortunately, a lot of this is learnt through practice. I think
the big problem is knowing what's available, knowing WHAT lily is
capable of.

I'm building up a personal library of all these little tweaks, but I'm
hoping we can have several full-blown example settings added to the lily
documentation at some point so people can find a piece that looks
roughly like what they're trying to do and then study it to find out how
it does what it does. The LSR is great in many respects, but it's too
many bitty examples, and then when you try and do something, you find
they interact in unexpected ways.

Cheers,
Wol