using Scholarly?

From: N. Andrew Walsh
Subject: using Scholarly?
Date: Thu, 14 May 2015 15:07:06 +0200

So, I really want to use ScholarLy for my current project (the OE has typos and mistakes, they need to be noted, etc).

I cloned the entire git repository into a subdirectory of my ~/.lilypond directory, and have the following in my master .ly file for the project:

\include "openlilylib"

\useLibrary Scholarly

\useModule scholarly.annotate

In my .ly file for music, I have the following:

\musicalIssue \with {

author = "me"

message = "Typfehler"

source = "Fascimile der Stimme"

}

NoteHead %% Typo noted, Bar 32

This is inside a \Voice block. Compiling fails, complaining that the string is unrecognized. The \musicalIssue tag also does not show up on the auto-complete dropdown in frescobaldi.

So, it isn't working for me. What am I doing wrong?