Re: repeated _\markup{} at same distance from staff...?

From: Stephen MacNeil
Subject: Re: repeated _\markup{} at same distance from staff...?
Date: Thu, 7 May 2015 18:02:18 -0400

\override applies to all. to make it only happen once use \once \override

glad to help
Stephen

On Thu, May 7, 2015 at 5:55 PM, B~M <address@hidden> wrote:
thanks indeed Stephen, its a nice idea to lump the chord symbols into "one" rather
than do a \markup to all notes. The Vb is just the first inversion of the chord, the b is not
a flat symbol.
I guess one thing that puzzled me with the \override  TextScript.padding is why the outcome didn't just add an further offset but with the same result of the symbols going up and down following the music.
Perhaps \override means not only override the default offset, but turn off completely the following
of the music ?

Paul