Re: How do new users feel about LilyPond's documentation?

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: How do new users feel about LilyPond's documentation?
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2015 19:14:15 -0400

Hi Gilles (et al.),

> Best practices, yes; for any score (not just large ones).[1]
> A flexible structure that would be "compelling" and foster the creation of
> "compliant" tools.

I have a pretty rich imagination, and I can’t begin to conceive of a Lilypond
best practice [singular] or flexible structure [singular] that could possibly
satisfy both a newbie who wants to quickly output a 32-bar lead sheet with
chord symbols and a power user who wants to manage a crowd-engraved critical
edition of “Porgy & Bess”.

Cheers,
Kieren.

Kieren MacMillan, composer