Re: Do we really offer the future?

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: Do we really offer the future?
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2015 09:46:15 -0400

Hi Peter (et al.),

> As someone who has made the journey from (one of) the two established
> notation programs to LilyPond, I'm convinced it was the right decision for me
> but it would honestly be hard for me to recommend it for anyone else -
> composer or editor - at this point.

Unfortunately, I am in exactly the same boat as you. I *have* attempted in the
fairly recent past to get many of my colleagues to dip their toes in the ‘Pond.
Every single one of them jumped back out saying, “I envy you the output, but
I’ll keep my GUI and workflow, thanks.”

> we are more or less rapidly closing in on the point where it would be
> possible to recommend it to more than a few (albeit not all)

+1

Cheers,
Kieren.

Kieren MacMillan, composer