Font trouble

From: Wols Lists
Subject: Font trouble
Date: Sat, 18 Apr 2015 22:57:08 +0100

I must admit this is an example of "monkey see, monkey do" coding, but
I'm pretty certain I was given it on this list originally, this is the
second time I've tried to do something like this, and it's most
definitely not right ...

I'm trying to replace the repeat alternative wording, and have used the
following code ...

  \repeat volta 2 { s1*12 }
%        \override Staff.VoltaBracket #'font-name = #"sans"
        \override Staff.VoltaBracket #'font-name = #"Tahoma"
        \set Score.repeatCommands = #'((volta "Optional repeat"))
      { s1*4 }
        \set Score.repeatCommands = #'((volta #f) \text (volta
"Continue") end-repeat)
      { s1*1 }
        \set Score.repeatCommands = #'((volta #f))
%  } \mark \default % 146
  \mark \default % 146

You'll see I originally used the sans font, then I've tried to specify
Tahoma - I don't think specifying tahoma has made any difference
whatsoever...

I attach the resulting output, and you'll see the result just before bar
146. I'm guessing the font it's actually using is neither sans, nor
Tahoma, but some default font, seeing as the characters don't seem to be
all the one font at all!

How do I get it to actually select a font that works - as I said, this
is currently "monkey see monkey do" and while it looks like it should
work, I have no clue as to what is right or wrong with the code.

Cheers,
Wol