Re: undefined

From: Calixte Faure
Subject: Re: undefined
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2015 17:06:23 +0200

Hi all,

Thanks for all this solutions!
Of course using a script with sed would do the work, but like Urs, I prefer keeping input file unmodified.
Therefore the snippet solution of Klaus is not the best, because we can’t use variables properly: the "[" and "]" redefinition has to be before any \include{file.ly} to affect the following code. So we’ll need several files in every case.
Paul's function works pretty great with my score! Thanks a lot!

In every case we still have the problem of very long melisma where slurs must be used with beams, for example when there is a bar line.

Thanks again! and sorry for the « undefined » title…

Regards,
Calixte.

> On Apr 17, 2015, at 5:05 AM, Calixte Faure <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> and a magic command (say \beamToSlur) would switch [ ] to ( ).

Hi Calixte, Here’s a music function for this.  Seems to do the trick, but untested on actual music.

HTH,
-Paul

%%%%%%%%%%%%%
\version "2.18.2"

beamsToSlurs =
#(define-music-function (parser location music)
   (ly:music?)
   (music-map
    (lambda (m)
      (if (ly:music-property m 'articulations)
          (let ((arts (ly:music-property m 'articulations)))
            (for-each
             (lambda (a)
               (if (music-is-of-type? a 'beam-event)
                   (ly:music-set-property! a 'name 'SlurEvent)))
             arts)))
      m)
    music))

%%%%%%%%%
% uncomment both \displayMusic lines to see before and after

% \displayMusic
\beamsToSlurs
% \displayMusic
{