Re: Vertical positioning of temporary staves

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: Vertical positioning of temporary staves
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2015 10:39:51 +0100

----- Original Message ----- From: "Trevor Daniels" <address@hidden> To: "Phil Holmes" <address@hidden>; "LilyPond User Group" <address@hidden>
Sent: Thursday, April 16, 2015 10:34 AM

Phil, you wrote Thursday, April 16, 2015 9:59 AM

Using the code below, I get the temporary staves vertically offset, as shown
in the attached image. It appears that they are avoiding each others'
non-existent horizontal extent. Is there any was of lining them up
vertically?

Only by keeping the context alive during the gap, but if you have to do
this, you might as well put everything into one temporary context, like
this:

I can't easily use stopStaff, etc., because the temporary staves are autogenerated in my real life application. How would I keep the context alive otherwise?

--
Phil Holmes