Re: Feedback on lilypondblog article

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: Feedback on lilypondblog article
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2015 23:12:43 +0200

Am 15.04.2015 um 21:25 schrieb Noeck:
Dear Urs,

Yes, I wouldn't have thought of that possibility. Of course the
function should fallback to not trying to include a stylesheet then.
Fixed in
https://github.com/openlilylib/openlilylib/commit/37b6fef70eae3ecaa804fea03e0d711e931468f7
Thanks!

Hm, did you try it out?
and

A help message (-h) would be nice -> how about using argparse? (Not
necessary for this low amount of options though.)
Huh?

python install-lily-fonts -h
usage: install-lily-fonts [options]
I used
https://github.com/openlilylib/openlilylib/blob/master/fonts/install-lily-fonts.py
instead of
https://github.com/openlilylib/openlilylib/blob/master/py/font-install/install-lily-fonts

The fonts/install-lily-fonts.py is probably only a remainder from times
before the restructuring. This file duplication confuses me and I should
probably wait until it is completed and cleaned up, because I only
distract you from great work when trying to understand the current
temporary state.

<bang-head-on-the-wall>Ouch!!!</bang-head-on-the-wall>
You shouldn't use either of those, and I really should have removed that code, sorry for that.

The font installation script has got a new life as a standalone repository because I want to make it available independently of openLilyLib. So please go to https://github.com/openlilylib/lily-fonts, clone that and look for the documentation and right script file there.

Then things are different:
- The download is easy
- My wish for enhancement is already implemented (multiple targets)
   Anything more clever would be more difficult to understand.
- However it did not accept a folder with the extracted content of
   gutenberg-1939.zip as a font directory. Is the catalog necessary?

Maybe you should first try out the new script and tell me if the problem persists. I can't tell if it's an issue with the email, but gutenberg1939.zip shouldn't have a hyphen in its name.

The catalog is necessary because this lists the available fonts and their versions. By comparison with the catalog on the server the script determines which archives it has to download.

Best
Urs

Cheers,
Joram