Re: Any current MusicXML questions/issues/suggestions?

From: Martin Tarenskeen
Subject: Re: Any current MusicXML questions/issues/suggestions?
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2015 08:53:18 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 15 Apr 2015, Urs Liska wrote:

Hi all,

if anyone has questions about, issues with or suggestions for MusicXML (LilyPond related or not) you may call me privately until this afternoon 5 PM CEST (= UTC+2). I have the opportunity to meet Michael Good who's open to that. (Of course this doesn't include "how do I ...?" or other questions that should rather be posted on stackexchange.)

I don't really have much useful to contribute, sorry. But if your post suggests that there is still at least the wish and intention to continue developing and improving MusicXML support for LilyPond I can only encourage this.

Now we "only" need more active developers who want to spend their precious time in this important but apparently complex stuff.

Compared to other opensource projects like MuseScore and Willem Vree's abc2xml/xml2abc LilyPond's MusicXML import/export-support is far behind.

--

MT