Re: [Takemitsu] Polymetric music doesn't break lines properly

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: [Takemitsu] Polymetric music doesn't break lines properly
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2015 16:07:29 +0200

There are two things you have to add to your example (I don't know to which extent this is written or missing in the documentation:

1)
an invisible barline \bar ""
LilyPond can only break lines at barlines, so in order to have it break in mid-measure (as one of the staves will do) you can place an invisible barline at all positions where you want to allow LilyPond to add a line break

2)
\override Beam.breakable = ##t
(this can be set in the \Score part of the \layout block)
By default LilyPond can't break when a beam is active, so you have to explicitly allow it to do so.

HTH
Urs