Re: cadenza_and_accidentals-take2

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: cadenza_and_accidentals-take2
Date: Sat, 28 Mar 2015 19:45:51 +0000 (GMT)

----- Original Message -----

I can think of instances where the end of a cadenza might not be at the end of
a measure.  If a cadenza took place in the middle of a measure, then what?  You
certainly don't want a barline appearing there.  I recall thinking at some
point that perhaps LilyPond would count up the stuff not between \cadenzaOn ...
\cadenzaOff and place barlines in the correct place (it doesn't).  That is
perhaps too much heavy lifting on the programming side and there may be reasons
other than that for not doing it that way.  It could well be that the current
state of affairs which require either;

1) setting the end points of the cadenza so that everything at either end of
the cadenza adds up to a full measure

or

2) making the whole measure a cadenza and setting the measurePosition value to
correctly place the next bar line and measure number increment

...may be the least troublesome.

-David