Re: [Frescobaldi] Re: ANN: Frescobaldi 2.18

From: Colin Campbell
Subject: Re: [Frescobaldi] Re: ANN: Frescobaldi 2.18
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2015 19:08:29 -0600

On 2015-03-24 05:02 PM, Martin Tarenskeen wrote:

Ouch. Any chance this will be fixed soon, either for frescobaldi or for ly2video? I was just planning to try the ly2video utility.

Or even better:
Wouldn't it be nice if Adam and Wilbert could work together and make export-to-video a nice new feature or plugin, integrated inside frescobaldi?

Here is Wilbert's reply from -devel:
*********************

Dear Adam and Colin,

It turns out that the ly module in ly2video is an old version of the
same ly module I wrote for Frescobaldi, which now is in python-ly.

I added this as an issue in the ly2video tracker
https://github.com/aspiers/ly2video/issues/56, and I'm willing to help
changing ly2video to use the new ly module, which is actively
maintained and stable.

Best regards!
Wilbert

*****************************

It looks as though the fix should be pretty straightforward, if indeed the OP's
problem is caused by an outdated version of the ly module appearing on his path
before the Frescobaldi one. In the mean time, because I don't actively use
ly2video frequently, I just hand-edited the easy-install.pth in
/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/ to delete the reference to (in my case)
ly2video.

Cheers,
Colin

--
One of the advantages of being disorderly is that one is constantly making exciting discoveries.
 - A. A. Milne, From the Daryl R. Gibson collection