Re: [Frescobaldi] Re: ANN: Frescobaldi 2.18

From: Peter Bjuhr
Subject: Re: [Frescobaldi] Re: ANN: Frescobaldi 2.18
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2015 23:11:39 +0100

On 2015-03-23 18:37, SoundsFromSound wrote:
Hi all,

I also am having quite a headache installing the new Frescobaldi 2.18 and
python-ly on my friend's laptop. It's a new, clean install on Debian and I
left all install locations as their default. I am getting the same error,
saying python-ly is not found/up-to-date so Frescobaldi can't even open.

Can you please tell me how I can fix this and get the application up and
running? I tried removing all traces of Frescobaldi and then installing them
to a different location, and still the same error. I've always had success
updating Frescobaldi but 2.18 is the first time I've had such trouble. I'm
certain it's to do with the python-ly install but I can't figure out why no
matter where or how I install it, it fails.

Thank you so much for any help!

Hi Ben!

Could you describe more in detail what steps you took to install Python-ly and Frescobaldi?

Best
Peter