Re: Directional NoteHead Stencil Support

From: Marc Hohl
Subject: Re: Directional NoteHead Stencil Support
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2015 09:04:11 +0100

Hi Harm,

Am 21.03.2015 um 21:02 schrieb Thomas Morley:
[...]
Thanks Marc and David pointing me in the correct direction.

This is issue 3289

Curing a regression detected in 2.17. which was introduced during 2.15.

Though, I have never seen this commit-message before!
During the revue on Rietvield some more extended message was wished
and obviously added right before pushing - no chance for anyone to
look at it.

Well, there has been quite *a lot* of mail traffic concerning the committer and the use of comments both within the code and for commits.

If I had seen:
     Lastly, there was no reason in the code base to keep a pointer to the
     arpeggio in the note column, so it is removed here.
I would have protested strongly.

Instead
http://lsr.di.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=621
is partly broken.

http://lilypondblog.org/2013/06/horizontally-aligning-full-measure-rests/
is partly broken.

Also, some of my custom-functions are partly broken or never reached
usability because of that missing 'arpeggio-property.
Letting me no reasonable chance to get back the needed info.
For more than a year!

I cannot judge on the technical reasons for having an 'arpeggio property versus some circular dependencies. If you think that this is crucial, then it's probably the best to raise an issue for that, otherwise this discussion and all your work gets lost.

Color me annoyed and frustrated.
Right now I have no interest in fixing the above.
I'll let that to someone else, maybe the committer.

One more reason to raise an issue on the tracker.

Please keep up your valuable work for LilyPond!

Cheers,

Marc

-Harm