Re: path to lilypond executable

From: Wilbert Berendsen
Subject: Re: path to lilypond executable
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2015 11:40:45 +0100

Op Thu, 12 Mar 2015 09:11:33 +0100
Johan Vromans <address@hidden> schreef:

> Please be aware that on vanilla *ix systems this only works if the
> program is executed via a PATH search.
>
> E.g., if lilypond is in /usr/bin:
>
>   cd /tmp
>   lilypond   --> /usr/bin/lilypond
>   cd /usr/bin
>   ./lilypond   --> ./lilypond

If I run simply "lilypond", (car (command-line)) also just yields
'lilypond'. (while lilypond resides in /usr/local/bin on my system)

You could read PATH of course and decude where lilypond is found.

But you could always ask LilyPond for its datadir, it always returns
the absolute path to the ly, svg, ps, scm etc files.

#(display (ly:get-option 'datadir))

--
Wilbert Berendsen
(http://www.wilbertberendsen.nl)