Re: "lilypond -dshow-available-fonts" doesn't display the user installed

From: Kevin Barry
Subject: Re: "lilypond -dshow-available-fonts" doesn't display the user installed fonts in OS X
Date: Sun, 8 Mar 2015 14:04:13 +0000

Manually installed fonts are usually placed in a different location to ones installed by the system. LilyPond looks in a few places to find user-installed fonts, but I have found that on OSX or Ubuntu that this location is no longer where user fonts are placed when installed.

To make downloaded fonts available to LilyPond place them in a .fonts folder in your home folder (just copy the individual files there) and then LilyPond should be able to find them. (In the past this is where operating systems like Ubuntu used to place them, but not anymore for some reason.)]

hth,
Kevin