Re: Access Grob properties to change others accordingly

From: Paul Morris
Subject: Re: Access Grob properties to change others accordingly
Date: Sat, 7 Mar 2015 16:10:47 -0700 (MST)

Noeck wrote
> can I access the following properties from within a scheme music function:
> - clef glyph or name: treble or clefs.G
> - clef size: full size, change clef, cue clef
> - clef modifier: _8 or ^15 (both the direction and the number)
> of the current point in time? Such that I can use it for overrides?

Hi again, It seems like there is not an easy or straightforward way to do
what you want.  (Although I'm not exactly clear on what you want to do.)

The properties set by \clef (clefGlyph, middleCClefPosition, clefPosition,
and clefTransposition) are context properties (as in the staff context) and
not grob properties (as in the clef grob).[1][2]  As far as I know, the way
to access such context properties is by creating a new engraver (in Scheme)
that is added to that context, one that can access those properties and do
something with them... but I'm not sure that will help in this case.

-Paul

[1] http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.18/Documentation/internals/staff
[2] http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.18/Documentation/internals/clef