Ottava spanner too long just before a grace note

From: Knute Snortum
Subject: Ottava spanner too long just before a grace note
Date: Fri, 6 Mar 2015 13:45:16 -0800

I have a piece of music that all finished except that I have a problem with the ottava spanner for low a in the bass.  It seems to want to span the grace note that's in the next measure, I assume because the grace note is realized by backing up from the beat it's on.  My example file isn't "tiny", but it's not huge either.  I don't know if people prefer inline files or attachments when they are big, so I attached the file.

I've tried several things to make make the spanner smaller, but I can't seem to do it without messing other things up.  There's a lot happening in that measure, including a tied cross-staff chord.  There may be a better solution for that that will make the ottava problem easier to solve.

The last measure in the example is how the first measure should look.

TIA

Knute Snortum
(via Gmail)