Re: Getting to grips with ly:parser-include-string

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: Getting to grips with ly:parser-include-string
Date: Fri, 06 Mar 2015 13:55:08 +0100

No ideas anybody?

Am 03.03.2015 15:34, schrieb Urs Liska:
Hi all,

I'm feeling more and more stupid by the minute, so I desperately hope to get some help and enlightenment here.

I have a function that basically includes a LilyPond file, and it does so quite well.
This is the working version of the file:
https://github.com/openlilylib/openlilylib/blob/master/ly/_internal/module-handling.ily

However, I started to rewrite the file (for some extensibility considerations), and now it doesn't work anymore :-(
Here's the work-in-progress file:
https://github.com/openlilylib/openlilylib/blob/oll/module-handling/ly/_internal/module-handling.ily

(To test:
- get the latest version from openLilyLib
- ensure you (also) have the ly directory in the include path
- open any .ly files in any 'usage-examples' directory below 'ly'
- compile them while on the master or while on the oll/module-handling branch
)

The file is still included (which can be seen from the diverse debug messages), but - somewhat different with the various main files - it seems definitions in the included files are either ignored or cause errors.

I assume it is somehow related to some scoping issue, or that the definitions in the included file somehow don't find their way in the actually used parser. But then I don't see where the _significant_ difference is between the two file versions.. Why does the older version work, after all?

The change in the actual include code is based on this discussion:
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2012-01/msg00061.html
but I'm quite sure this doesn't have any negative impact on my problem.

Any advice would be _greatly_ appreciated.
Urs