ugly default output

From: Martin Tarenskeen
Subject: ugly default output
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2015 19:47:58 +0100 (CET)

Hi,

I am typesetting a simple Beethoven 4-mains. I am in the very first stage of entering the notes - without additional tweaks to optimize the output.

Having entered one line of music it occurred to me that the spacing looks quite sub-optimal. Not to say plain ugly.

Just to illustrate that LilyPond is great (I have produced many really good looking scores using only minimal tweaking) but there isstill enough room for improvement: see the attached pdf example.

The example was produced using LilyPond 2.19.15

--

MT